Why should you go diving in Bermuda?
Bermuda is an ideal destination for diving enthusiasts, offering clear waters, diverse marine life, and a variety of dive sites for all skill levels. Here are some reasons why you should consider diving in Bermuda:
- Shipwrecks: Bermuda is known for its many shipwrecks, some of which date back to the 16th century. These historic wrecks have become artificial reefs, attracting a variety of marine life such as parrotfish, angelfish, and barracudas.
- Crystal clear waters: The waters surrounding Bermuda are renowned for their clarity, with visibility often exceeding 100 feet. This allows for excellent underwater visibility and the opportunity to see a variety of colorful marine life.
- Diverse marine life: In addition to the shipwrecks, Bermuda is home to a variety of marine life such as humpback whales, sea turtles, dolphins, and an array of tropical fish species.
- Dive conditions: Bermuda offers ideal dive conditions with warm water temperatures ranging from 75-85°F and generally calm seas. The island's location in the Gulf Stream also helps to maintain a consistent water temperature throughout the year.
- Accessibility: Bermuda is easily accessible from many major airports in the United States and Canada, making it a convenient destination for divers.
Overall, Bermuda's clear waters, diverse marine life, and ideal dive conditions make it an excellent choice for both novice and experienced divers looking for a unique and rewarding diving experience.