The cost of diving in Argentina can vary depending on several factors, such as the location, the type of dive, the level of experience, and the dive operator. Here's a general overview of diving costs in Argentina:
- Dive courses: If you're looking to get certified or advance your diving skills, Argentina offers a range of courses at competitive prices. PADI Open Water courses typically cost between $350 and $450, while Advanced Open Water courses may range from $300 to $400. Prices for specialty courses and dive master training will depend on the specific course and the dive center.
- Guided dives: For certified divers, guided dives with a local dive operator can range from $50 to $100 per dive, depending on the location and duration of the dive. Some dive centers may offer discounted rates for multiple dives or packages that include equipment rental.
- Equipment rental: If you don't have your own gear, you can rent it from the dive center. Rental costs for a full set of equipment (BCD, regulator, wetsuit, mask, fins, and weights) typically range from $20 to $40 per day. Prices may vary depending on the quality and brand of the equipment.
- Liveaboard trips: Liveaboard diving trips are not as common in Argentina as in other diving destinations, but some operators offer multi-day diving excursions to more remote locations. Prices for these trips can vary widely depending on the duration, itinerary, and onboard accommodations, so it's essential to research and compare options before booking.
- Additional expenses: When planning your diving trip to Argentina, remember to factor in additional costs such as transportation, accommodation, meals, and any required visas or permits. Depending on your travel preferences and budget, these costs can vary significantly.
In summary, diving in Argentina can be relatively affordable compared to other diving destinations around the world. However, the overall cost will depend on your individual preferences, the type of diving experience you're looking for, and the specific location within the country. Be sure to research and compare dive operators, accommodations, and transportation options to find the best value for your diving adventure in Argentina.