The costs of scuba diving in Belize can vary depending on factors such as location, dive operator, type of dive, and included services. Here are some approximate price ranges to give you an idea:
- Single Tank Shore Dive: A single tank shore dive in Belize typically ranges from $60 to $100 USD per person. This generally includes the dive guide, tanks, weights, and transportation to the dive site. Equipment rental may incur additional charges.
- Two-Tank Boat Dive: Two-tank boat dives, which allow you to explore more remote dive sites, generally cost between $90 and $150 USD per person. These prices typically include the dive guide, tanks, weights, boat transportation, and sometimes snacks or refreshments on the boat. Equipment rental may be an additional cost.
- Blue Hole Dive: The iconic Blue Hole dive, a bucket-list experience for many divers, is a full-day excursion that can range from $300 to $400 USD per person. This includes the boat transportation to the Blue Hole, multiple dives within the Blue Hole Marine Reserve, tanks, weights, dive guide, and usually lunch on the boat. Equipment rental is typically an additional cost.
- Dive Packages and Discounts: Many dive operators in Belize offer dive packages that can provide savings for multiple dives. These packages often include a set number of dives, equipment rental, and sometimes accommodation. Discounts may be available for groups, students, or divers booking multiple dives in advance.
- Certification Courses: If you're new to scuba diving or looking to further your dive education, certification courses are available in Belize. The prices for courses can vary depending on the level of certification and the dive agency. Open Water Diver courses typically range from $350 to $500 USD, which includes instruction, materials, equipment rental, and certification fees.
It's important to note that prices may vary between different dive operators and locations within Belize. Additional costs, such as marine park fees, taxes, or gratuities, may also apply. It's advisable to inquire about all the details and potential additional charges when booking your dives to ensure a clear understanding of the total cost.