Scuba diving in the Exuma Keys, Bahamas
Exuma Keys is a unique and exciting experience due to the abundance of marine life and crystal-clear waters.
Best Scuba Diving Spots for Experienced Divers:
- Washing Machine - This drift dive is best for experienced divers and offers a thrilling ride through a series of swim-throughs and tunnels.
- Amberjack Reef - This deep dive features large coral heads and schools of fish, including amberjack and jacks.
- Austin Smith Wreck - This 90-foot vessel was intentionally sunk to create an artificial reef and is now home to a variety of marine life, including reef sharks and barracuda.
Best Scuba Diving Spots for Beginners:
- Blue Hole - This shallow dive features a unique underwater cave system that is perfect for beginners.
- Jeep Reef - This dive site is great for beginners due to the relatively shallow depth and easy navigation.
- Blacktip Wall - This dive site offers an opportunity to see blacktip reef sharks in their natural habitat, but is still suitable for beginners due to the shallow depth.
The Exuma Keys are home to an abundance of marine life, including reef sharks, nurse sharks, stingrays, sea turtles, barracuda, and a variety of colorful fish.
The water in the Exuma Keys is warm and clear year-round, with visibility ranging from 50 to 100 feet. Water temperature ranges from 75 to 85 degrees Fahrenheit.
The cost of scuba diving in the Exuma Keys varies depending on the dive operator and the specific dive site, but typically ranges from $100 to $200 per dive.